Protein plays an essential role in global nutrition, regardless if it’s animal- or plant-based consumption. Choose U.S. Protein First is a unique, pre-competitive collaboration to ensure that all forms of U.S. protein remain the preferred global choice to meet future demand and nutritional requirements of a growing population. This initiative reinforces the critical role that U.S. farmers serve in global food security.
Learn more about Choose U.S. Protein First:
- Commodity Classic panel discussion on the ways All U.S. Proteins Can Champion Global Nutrition
- Presentation deck from Commodity Classic, presented by Keenan McRoberts, Ph.D.
- RFD-TV interview with USB Director Andy Fabin on the strategy and importance of this initiative
- USB CEO Polly Ruhland blog post on Whether Plant or Animal, Protein Plays an Essential Role in Global Nutrition
- Hear firsthand from USB CEO Polly Ruhland on the importance of collaboration, preparing for the future, how WISHH and USB work together and the kickoff of the initiative at World Food Prize
- Choose U.S. Protein First press release from World Food Prize
- World Food Prize panel discussion on U.S. Soy’s Commitment to Global Food Security at Borlaug Dialogue International Symposium
- Media interviews with Progressive Farmer, Agri-Pulse, Successful Farming, Brownfield (World Food Prize), Brownfield (Commodity Classic), American Ag Network, Agri-Talk (at 14:55), Farm Progress, Western Producer, AgWired and USFRA’s Farm, Food, Facts podcast