Home » USB Carbon Toolbox » Carbon Market Programs » CarbonNOW



Year Organization Established a Carbon Program 2021
Affiliated Organization Type Crop Inputs Company
Affiliated Organizations Locus Agricultural Solutions
Buyers secured
Payment Basis to Farmers $/Acre for practice implementation
Payment Amount and Details Guaranteed minimum payments of $12/acre. Two annual disbursements are made, as well as performance bonuses that accrue over time. Producers receive 75% of their annual payment upfront at the start of the season and the remaining 25% at the end of the year
Agricultural System Focus Cropland and Livestock
Eligible States U.S.
Eligible Practices Practices include carbon sequestration through the application of Locus AG’s soil probiotics, as well as through no-till, fertilizer use, cover crops, and livestock grazing.
Contract Length 4 years
Contract Details There is an option to increase compensation by extending to 10 years or more.
Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) CarbonNOW experts manage the process for the producer, including data collection, soil sampling, and third-party verification, at no cost to the producer.
Digital Tools for MRV
Qualification/eligibility criteria Producers who have implemented practices in the past are eligible to participate in the program.
Minimum Acreage
Must land be owned? Producers do not have to own the land, but they must have access to the land for the full four-year program cycle to participate.
Minimum Data Requirements Three to five years of historical management data, field areas, and information about regenerative practice changes currently being employed. Locus AG carbon farming experts manage the data collection process, with minimal input and time commitment required from Producers.
Years of management practice data needed 5 years
Does the program pay for past practices? Yes
Additional information
To find out if you qualify for CarbonNOW’s program, complete this form
Payment Calculator

Cells are left blank where information is not publicly available.

For additional details, visit the CarbonNOW’s website