Syngenta and Amazon Web Services added as sponsors to the Soy Innovation Challenge.
ST. LOUIS (August 10, 2020) — The Yield Lab Institute and the United Soybean Board are pleased to announce the additions of Syngenta and Amazon Web Services (AWS) as sponsors of the Soy Innovation Challenge. This non-dilutive accelerator program calls on ag-tech startups and teams to disrupt the current soybean value chain and create value for U.S. soybean farmers through innovation and technology. As Gold Level sponsors, Syngenta and AWS bring their technical expertise, network and support to help accelerate these soy innovations to market as an asset for U.S. soybean farmers and for the entire soy value chain. The sponsorship details are as follows:
- $100,000 in non-dilutive prize(s) to the Soy Innovation Challenge winners
- Mentorship to challenge participant(s)
Amazon Web Services
- $5,000 in-kind cloud computing credits to all invited finalists
- $25,000 in-kind cloud computing credits to the first place winner of the challenge
- $10,000 in-kind cloud computing credits each to the second and third place winners of the challenge
- One free hour to each invited finalist with an AWS technology and subject matter expert during the challenge
“Syngenta is committed to investing in innovation that supports U.S. farmers,” said Gusui Wu, Global Head of Seeds Research at Syngenta. “Our collaboration with The Yield Lab Institute and the United Soybean Board supports our continued dedication to open innovation and pursue every possible solution to deliver the best products, technologies and opportunities for farmers to be successful.”
In order to bridge the gap between agriculture and technology and drive forward digitalization of soy innovations and capture value for U.S. soybean farmers, Syngenta and AWS’s partnership with the Soy Innovation Challenge accelerates this phenomenon. Stay tuned for announcements on applicant selections and timeline.
Paul Murphy-Spooner at United Soybean Board, 515.975.6584
© 2020 United Soybean Board. All Rights Reserved. [60673-1]