Below are consistent terms used throughout the policy and their references:
- The “Act” refers to the Soybean Promotion, Research And Consumer Information Act.
- “Action Team” refers to the three teams assigned to manage program level activities to support the long-range strategic plan.
- “AMS Guidelines” refers to the USDA/AMS Commodity Research and Promotion Program Guidelines adopted November 4, 2010, updated September 2015.
- “Bylaws” refers to the Permanent Bylaws of the United Soybean Board.
- “Chairperson” refers to the United Soybean Board Chairperson.
- “Director(s)” refers to the United Soybean Board Directors.
- “Executive Committee” refers to the United Soybean Board Executive Committee.
- “External Liaison” refers to individuals representing their organization to United Soybean Board.
- “Officer(s)” refers to the United Soybean Board Officers including the Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer.
- The “Order” refers to Soybean Promotion, Research and Consumer Information Order.
- “Target Area” refers to the three teams assigned to lead the strategies of the long-range strategic plan.
- “USB” refers to United Soybean Board as an organization.
- “USB Liaison” refers to a United Soybean Board member representing USB at an external event.
- “USDA” refers to the United States Department of Agriculture.
The USB operates pursuant to the Act and Order and under the oversight of the United States Department of Agriculture. In the event of a conflict between the policies set forth herein and the Act, Order or other written directive of the USDA, the former shall govern. In addition, the activities of USB are governed by Bylaws that have been adopted by USB and may be modified from time to time by USB. In the event of a conflict between the Bylaws and these policies, the Bylaws shall govern. Further, in the event of a conflict between the AMS Guidelines and these policies, the AMS Guidelines shall govern.