The Board recognizes that:
- Innovation is essential to maintaining an enterprise responsive to the continually changing world of the populations it serves.
- New initiatives involve prudent risk, experimentation and adjustment based on changing circumstances or experience in implementation.
- Such initiatives may lead to new business, service or product lines.
- Modification of organizational structure, process or practice may, at various times, be deemed appropriate to keep the parts of the whole well-aligned with the Board's mission as a nonprofit corporation.
- Its fiduciary responsibilities as a governing Board are best fulfilled by encouraging a culture of experimentation and thoughtful consideration of new ideas that demonstrate the potential to advance the core purpose of the enterprise.