Election of Executive Committee officers will be first in the election procedure. “At each annual meeting of the Board of Directors, the board shall elect from its voting members a Chairperson, a Vice Chairperson, a Secretary and a Treasurer. Such officers shall be members of the USB Executive Committee.” (Article VII, Section 1 in the Bylaws Appendix G). The order of election of USB officers will be Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer and the remaining six elected Executive Committee members. The election of each Executive Committee member will be voted on individually using the following procedures:
- The first nominee receiving a majority of votes cast will be declared duly elected to fill the position.
- If no nominee receives a majority vote on any vote, then the lowest vote receiver and anyone not receiving a vote will be dropped from the next ballot until a nominee receives a majority.
- After a position is filled, nominations will again be requested for the next position until all 10 elected Committee positions have been filled.
- There shall be two elected new members each year on the Executive Committee. If the election process reaches the last two elected member positions and at least two elected new Executive Committee members have not been approved, the current Executive Committee members who have not been re-elected will not be eligible to serve.
- No two elected Executive Committee members can come from the same state or region. This provision does not apply to the immediate past Chairperson, who serves as an ex officio member of the Executive Committee. The 10 elected members of the Executive Committee will represent 10 separate states or regions.
- A nominated Director may ask for his/her name to be removed from consideration at any time during the nomination/election procedure.
- Voting for Executive Committee members will be via electronic voting devices.
- USB Legal Counsel will facilitate the election process.