Initial allocation to Target Areas shall be determined and ratified by the Board at the annual Board meeting. Allocation recommendations are made by the respective Target Areas and must be ratified by the board. These Target Area specific goal allocations, as approved by the Board at the beginning of the fiscal year, establish the pro rata distribution of all subsequent, non-project-specific sources of Target Area funding. All amounts allocated are Board-designated net assets.
- Amounts released to Action Teams and support committees via project budget reductions (turnbacks) in the year of project funding return to the action team from which the project was originally funded.
- Amounts released to Action Teams and support committees via project budget reductions (turnbacks) subsequent to the year of project funding return to the Board and remain in Board unallocated for reallocation by the Board.
- Unexpended project budget final report of expenditures (FROEs) are to be released to unrestricted net assets.
- Action Teams may reallocate among goals. Reallocations shall be reported to the SMC, Target Areas and to the Board.
- Carryovers from fiscal year to fiscal year return to the Board to be released to Board unallocated for review by the Strategic Management Committee and Treasurer. Recommendations to the Board for allocations will be based on the Long Range Strategic Plan.
- For the direct-managed programs through the Executive Committee and USDA Oversight programs, FROEs and turnbacks are to be released to unrestricted net assets. There are no unallocated balances and therefore no carryovers for either of these programs. “When in the opinion of the Chairperson an emergency exists, the Executive Committee is authorized to approve the expenditure of funds within individual program levels approved by the Board. Approval requires at least two-thirds of its members present at any meeting in which there exists a quorum. Such funding authority shall exist only until the next scheduled Board meeting” (Article VIII, Section 1 in the Bylaws).